IF YOU REFER SOMEONE TO THIS SITE WHO THEN PAYS FOR A SUBSCRIPTION
THEN (SUBJECT TO SOME SIMPLE TERMS & CONDITIONS)
WE WILL GIVE YOU ‘REFERRAL POINTS’ WHICH CAN BE CONVERTED INTO EXTRA MEMBERSHIP.
|STEP 1 – OBTAIN REFERRAL POINTS||STEP 2 – CONVERT REFERRAL POINTS|
|Period bought by Newcomer||Referral Points obtained||Referral Points converted||Membership Period obtained|
|14 days||2||5||14 days|
|31 days||3||8||31 days|
|93 days||6||14||93 days|
|365 days||12||26||365 days|
We have tried to keep these Terms & Conditions simple to operate & administer. They may evolve over time as we gain experience of working with them in practice. This Scheme applies to current Stirnet Members only. Non-Members may be offered similar terms & conditions through our normal approach to providing Free Membership of our Membership Scheme.
|THE BASIC TERMS & CONDITIONS OF OUR REFERRAL POLICY||(1) Subject to these Terms & Conditions, if a Member introduces someone else to Stirnet (that person being referred to on this page as the “Newcomer”) and the Newcomer pays for a subscription, we will provide the Member with Referral Points which may be converted into free Extra Membership for either that Member or for another person specified by that Member.
(2) This Referral Scheme is available only to people who are current Stirnet Members. For this purpose, membership is “current” if the Member’s subscription period was active at the time of the Newcomer’s subscription.
(3) To obtain Referral Points the Member must advise us by e-mail of the name and e-mail address of the Newcomer
(4) Only Referral Points that have been registered by us (as qualifying to be used under this Referral Scheme) may be converted into Extra Membership. The maximum number of Referral Points that may be registered for a particular Member at any one time is 26.
(5) Referral Points are cancelled (and de-registered) if not used within 31 days of the end of the Member’s subscription period in which they were registered. However, any points that have been registered in one subscription period are carried forward into the Member’s next subscription period (and thenafter treated as though they had been registered in that period) if there is no more than 31 days gap between those periods.
(6) To convert Referral Points into Extra Membership the Member must request us by e-mail to make the conversion. If the request is made more than 2 days before the end of the Member’s existing subscription period, we may hold back from making the conversion until a date nearer to the end of the Member’s existing subscription period. When we convert the Referral Points, we will normally simply extend the Member’s existing membership period by the required number of days. By mutual agreement, we may provide the new membership period for the benefit of another person named by the Member.
(7) To protect ourselves in case we find either that this policy gives us major administrative problems or that people try to abuse any trust we have provided them, we operate this policy at our discretion and accept no legal obligation to register Referral Points or to convert such points into Extra Membership. However, it is (of course) not only our intention to operate this policy as fairly as possible but in our interest to do so given that we wish you and others to introduce new Members not just once but many times.
|WHAT IF THE NEWCOMER SUBSCRIBES AGAIN?||If the first period bought by the Newcomer was for either 14 days or 31 days then, if the Newcomer subscribes for a second period within 14 days of the end of that first period, Referral Points will also be provided for that second period. Otherwise, Referral Points are provided only once in respect of each Newcomer.|
|OTHER MATTERS TO NOTE||(1) We do not offer commission by way of payment or refund.
(2) Only one Member may apply for Referral Points in respect of any particular Newcomer.
(3) Except as specifically allowed for above, we will reject any application for Referral Points in respect of any Newcomer who has previously corresponded with us directly.
(4) We reserve the right to change any of these Terms & Conditions without notice.