Latest pages released
PAGE LAST UPDATED : 15 DECEMBER 2019
This page shows the genie data pages that have been uploaded into the database so far this year. Click here for a page which lists in date order the pages which were uploaded in earlier years. The subtotals in bold below, and on the prior-years page, show the numbers of the pages at various midpoint dates (in order Section I-Section II-Section III = Ancient-Continental-British) which have been used to provide the following graph. This shows the growth of the database from September 2002 to November 2019 (excluding the draft & temporary pages).
You may wonder what makes us decide to include some families before others. The answer is that there is often little logic or specific purpose to it. We started off with certain core families related to Stirnet's founder's family (as reported on Sources and acknowledgments) and then gradually expanded the database, trying to cover all parts of the British Isles. We recognised that it would be sensible for us to develop a base of some 'major' familes (such as the Stewarts, Tudors, Howards, and FitzGeralds) but at the same time we were keen to include many 'small landowners' and 'townfolk' to evidence that we intend for the database to set a broad target for people who want to find connections to historical figures and not just make it easier for people who already have a clear connection to a well-documented family. From time to time we may focus on a particular area of the British Isles or on a 'theme' (past themes have included the British Prime Ministers shown on the Selected Individuals page). If we are presently working on any theme or series of reviews, there will probably be reference to that in or just above note A below.
We welcome suggestions for families to work on PROVIDED THAT you give clear direction as to where the data may be (or has been) sourced (remember that Sources and acknowledgments identifies many of the sources we already have copies of) AND you allow properly for the fact that we operate to the following constraints:
(1) with very few exceptions, we do not come more forward in time than generations with at least one person born by 1800 (which at least means that, for many families, there is some overlap with the early censuses which can be found online elsewhere); and
(2) we focus only on British & Irish families so, unless a family comes back into the British Isles by 1800, it is very rare for us to follow a line which has emigrated from the British Isles; and
(3) we shall not include a family in our database until we have found a connection between that family and another family which is already in the database.
Several people have been very helpful with this, not least with suggesting useful sources we had not used previously, and so have obtained Free Membership. For more information on this, see Membership Scheme.
|(excludes Draft and Temporary pages)|
Pages at 31.12.18: 64+94+5948=6106 ; New pages uploaded so far in 2019: 206
02.01 Blake05, Ferrier2 04.01 Pecche1, Underhill1 05.01 Glynne6 08.01 [old Cockburn2 & draft Cockburn3 renamed Cockburn3 & draft CockburnX respectively] Cockburn2, Vipont1 09.01 [old Cockburn1, Cockburn2 & Cockburn3 renamed Cockburn01, Cockburn02 & Cockburn03 respectively] Cockburn04 18.01 Cockburn05, Cockburn06, Cockburn07 27.01 Burgh10 At 31.01.19: 64+94+5960=6118 07.02 Glanville04 08.02 Rawley03 11.02 Knyvett3, Thorpe02 13.02 Hele3, Treby1 16.02 LeQuesne1, Neel1 18.02 Turgis1, Urrey1 19.02 [old Tregonwell1 renamed Tregonwell2] Tregonwell1, TZmisc12 At 28.02.19: 64+94+5972=6130 16.03 Forster05 19.03 Bradford1, Bradford2 20.03 Conyers05, Grey09 21.03 Armorer1, Taylor07 23.03 GZmisc12 27.03 Gillon1, Scott20 28.03 Barnett1 29.03 MZmisc02 At 31.03.19: 64+94+5984=6142 02.04 WZmisc12 03.04 Forster06 05.04 Forster07 06.04 Salkeld2 07.04 Bosanquet1, VanNotten1 08.04 Proctor1, Proctor2, Wetwang1 09.04 Ainslie3, Cay1 10.04 Whitehead2 11.04 Peareth1 12.04 Carr05, Coulter1, Grey10 13.04 Cooper05, Gallon1 14.04 Bacon03, Mitford3 15.04 RZmisc11, Thirlwall1 16.04 Cotesworth1 17.04 Errington2, Stodart1 18.04 Longridge1 23.04 Orde2 26.04 Soulsby1 27.04 Hodgson01, Hodgson02 29.04 Charlton04, Heron04, Stote1 30.04 Manby1, Manby2 At 30.04.19: 64+94+6019=6177 01.05 Bewicke1, Buston1 02.05 Bell03, Forster08 03.05 Widdrington04 04.05 Brown19 05.05 Strother1 06.05 Cooke09 07.05 Clutterbuck02 08.05 BZmisc30, Lacy3, Thirkeld1 09.05 Cooke10 14.05 Burn1, Callander1 15.05 Boutflower1, Lewin3 16.05 Saunderson04 20.05 Bacon04, Doig1, Doig2, Doig3, Muschet1 21.05 Newton05 22.05 Andrews05 23.05 Hopper1 24.05 Mowbray03, Teasdale1 At 31.05.19: 64+94+5960=6118 04.06 Story2 05.06 Story3 08.06 Bertram3, Carr06 11.06 Acton06, Archbold1 26.06 Hesilrige2 28.06 Chambers2 29.06 Manners4 30.06 HZmisc17, Saumarez1 At 30.06.19: 64+94+6058=6216 01.07 Bilton1 02.07 Lisle05 08.07 LZmisc12 09.07 [old MZmisc08 renamed Malpas1] Mitford4, MZmisc08, Reade5 13.07 Grey11 16.07 Mitford5 18.07 Cramlington1 19.07 Monboucher1 24.07 Darnell1, Greenwell1, Greenwell2, Greenwell3, Wooler1 25.07 Winship1 26.07 Bates2 27.07 Douglas15, Gibson03 28.07 Compton03 30.07 [old Strother1 renamed Strother2] Strother1 31.07 Culley1 At 31.07.19: 64+94+6080=6238 16.08 Isaacson1 17.08 Dudley02, Kennedy04 18.08 Blake06 28.08 Carr07 At 31.08.19: 64+94+6085=6243 10.09 Shafto03 11.09 [old Burrell2 renamed Burrell5] Burrell2 13.09 Carew06 17.09 Paterson1 19.09 Walker05 21.09 Bradley1, Bradley2 22.09 Crompton03 24.09 Allen07 25.09 Bird04 26.09 Butler22, Buttery1, Pargiter1 27.09 Alneto1 28.09 Barker05, KZmisc06 30.09 Wolverton1 At 30.09.19: 64+94+6102=6260 02.10 Gibbings1, HZmisc18, Wight1, Wight2, Wight3 03.10 Guinness1 06.10 Cope03 08.10 Furtho1 10.10 Prouse2 11.10 [old PZmisc09 renamed Paul1] PZmisc09 12.10 Mathew05, Pinkeney1, Pinkeney2 14.10 Harwedon1 15.10 Golafre1 16.10 Lane03, Paveley1 18.10 Chambre3 22.10 Chauncy1, Chauncy2, Chauncy3 23.10 Catelyn1 24.10 Hodges1 25.10 Peverel1 28.10 Breton1, Lloyd27 29.10 Annesley3, Whittingham2 30.10 Bowles1, Bowles2 31.10 Ashley02, Pitfield1 At 31.10.19: 64+94+6134=6292 08.11 Whelton1 09.11 Lewknor2 10.11 Keynes1, Wyrley1, Wyrley2 15.11 Holden03, Rose06 16.11 Shuckburgh2, SZmisc20 17.11 Bustard1 18.11 Hervey09 22.11 Parkhurst1 At 30.11.19: 64+94+6146=6304 06.12 Clarke07, Plummer02 09.12 Montgomery10, Montgomery11 10.12 Montgomery12 13.12 Montgomery13, Sumner1 15.12 [Old Reade3 renamed Reade1, previous Reade1 renamed Reade3] Reade6.
PCBG notes (last updated 13.12.19)
(1) I often focus on particular regions of the British Isles. Regions covered so far include Buckinghamshire, Cheshire, Cornwall, Devon, Fife, Herefordshire, Highlands & Islands, Jersey, Kent, Northamptonshire, Northumberland & Sussex. I have also worked through Hunter's 'Familiae Minorum Gentium' ("FMG", which looks mainly at Cheshire, Derbyshire, Lancashire & Yorkshire) and Griffith's Pedigrees (which concentrates on Anglesey & Carnarvonshire). In each case my work has been reasonably comprehensive but in some cases I have left work on certain families to a later date. The next region to be covered will be Renfrewshire.
(2) I sometimes focus on 'multi-branch families', many of which were Scots who seem to have had more of a tradition of documenting junior cadet branches than the English did and who are normally easier to follow than Welsh & Irish families. So far I have worked on the Carews, Frasers, Hamiltons, Leslies, MacDonalds, Mackenzie, Montgomerys, Munros & Sinclairs.
* I aim to complete my review of the Campbells, which was started but left incomplete in 2015, in 2020.
* Other families to be covered in due course will probably include Bruce, Bulkeley, Leigh & Ogle. I am still stuck on the Staffords so any suggestions on them would be welcome.
(3) Being apparently quiet for a while may mean that I have made only minor changes to the database pages in that period (something that is quite common; sometimes minor changes can take longer than new pages) or that I am in the midst of something that is taking several days to complete (not uncommon) or, of course, that I have not worked on the site recently.
A. On (rare) occasion I will work on Sections I & II, the Ancient and Continental sections that cover the early ancestors of various British Royals and others (see Ancestral Lines). Normally I concentrate on expanding & improving Section III of the database (British Families - Medieval, Renaissance & Modern). If you wish to suggest a family for me to work on, please see the note above.
B. The following pages have recently been subjected to significant change/extension and/or review (some involving the insertion of new families): 17.09 Seton05 23.09 Lomax1, Rothwell1 24.09 Leeson1, Savile04 25.09 AZmisc03, Blencowe2 27.09 Arundell4, BZmisc26, Crane2, Engaine1, LZmisc12 28.09 Trist1 01.10 Gastrell1, Grant07, IZmisc02, VZmisc03 03.10 Smith11 05.10 EZmisc05 08.10 HZmisc18, Sharpe02 09.10 Hassell2, PZmisc15 10.10 Prouse1 13.10 Wydeville1 14.10 HZmisc18, PZmisc09, StJohn01 18.10 Arden1 21.10 Ros1 28.10 Bray01, HZmisc18, Lumley01 29.10 Annesley1, Annesley2 30.10 SZmisc19 31.10 CZmisc06 02.11 MZmisc08 09.11 Lewknor1 10.11 AZmisc10, Colley2 13.11 DZmisc12, FitzWalter1 15.11 Spencer01 16.11 LZmisc12, Shuckburgh1 17.11 Risley1 03.12 Adams03, EZmisc03, NZmisc05 08.12 LZmisc12, Plowden01 09.12 Montgomery03, 10.12 Montgomery07, 12.12. Montgomery05 15.12 Reade1.
D. See The Stirnet Portal to find out how easy it is to get a free link from this Families Database to your own web site. If you don't have your own site at the moment but would like one, we may be able to help you with that also.