Latest pages released
PAGE LAST UPDATED : 05 JULY 2022
This page shows the genie data pages that have been uploaded into the database so far this year. Pages uploaded in earlier years are shown, in date order, here (2002-2011) and here (2012-2021). The subtotals in bold below, and on the prior-years pages, show the numbers of the pages at various midpoint dates (in order Section I-Section II-Section III = Ancient-Continental-British) which have been used to provide the following graph. This shows the growth of the database from September 2002 to June 2022 (excluding the many draft & temporary pages).
You may wonder what makes us decide to include some families before others. The answer is that there is often little logic or specific purpose to it. We started off with certain core families related to Stirnet's founder's family (as reported on Sources and acknowledgments) and then gradually expanded the database, trying to cover all parts of the British Isles. We recognised that it would be sensible for us to develop a base of some 'major' familes (such as the Stewarts, Tudors, Howards & FitzGeralds) but at the same time we were keen to include many 'small landowners' and 'townfolk' to evidence that we intend for the database to set a broad target for people who want to find connections to historical figures and not just make it easier for people who already have a clear connection to a well-documented family. From time to time we may focus on a particular area of the British Isles or on a 'theme' (past themes have included the British Prime Ministers shown on the Selected Individuals page). If we are presently working on any theme or series of reviews, there will probably be reference to that in the "PCBG notes" given below.
We welcome suggestions for families to work on PROVIDED THAT you give clear direction as to where the data may be (or has been) sourced (remember that Sources and acknowledgments identifies many of the sources we already have copies of) AND you allow properly for the fact that we operate to the following constraints:
(1) with few exceptions, we do not come more forward in time than generations with at least one person born by 1800 (which at least means that, for many families, there is some overlap with the early censuses which can be found online elsewhere); and
(2) we focus only on British & Irish families so, unless a family comes back into the British Isles by 1800, it is very rare for us to follow a line which has emigrated from the British Isles; and
(3) we shall not include a family in our database until we have found a connection between that family and another family which is already in the database.
Several people have been very helpful with this, not least with suggesting useful sources we had not used previously, and so have obtained Free Membership. For more information on this, see Membership Scheme.
|1,436||1,393||1,209||905||172||193||306||261||231||214||331||225||Total at 31.12.21 = 64+95+6717 = 6876 (excluding the many Draft & Temporary pages)|
New pages uploaded so far in 2022: 139
02.01 Newport02, Scroggs1 03.01 BZmisc32 04.01 Bendlowes1 05.01 Brand1 07.01 Milborne1, Milborne2, Scudamore5 08.01 [old Bathurst02 renamed Bathurst04] Bathurst02 09.01 Pyefinch1 10.01 CZmisc22, Ricard1 12.01 FZmisc09, Pole10, Weld3 14.01 Mounteney1 15.01 Stacy2 16.01 Rawson3, Tench1 18.01 Thurland1 21.01 Cox2, Frobisher1 22.01 Scargill1 23.01 Mellor2 29.01 Langton03, Langton05 At 31.01.22: 64+95+6743 = 6902 01.02 Bourne3 03.02 Essington1 05.02 Besiles1 06.02 Knill1, Knill2 07.02 Newton06 08.02 Christmas1 12.02 OCarroll1 13.02 Morteyn1 14.02 Lamb3 16.02 Probert1 17.02 Stratton1 23.02 Ouchterlony1, Ouchterlony2, Ouchterlony3, Ouchterlony4 At 28.02.22: 64+95+6759 = 6918 05.03 Havers1 06.03 Clifford05 10.03 Aislabie1 11.03 Cordell1, Faunce1, Goodman2, Hopwood1 12.03 Denman1, Dinham3 13.03 Neilson1, Nethersole1, Norbury1 14.03 [old Barneby01 renamed Barneby02] Barneby01, Emerson1 15.03 Bannatyne1, Law02, Meverell1 16.03 Winstanley1, Yelverton3 17.03 Appleby1, Dale03 18.03 [old Worsley1 renamed Worsley3] Draper1, Smith32, Reddish1, Worsley1 19.03 Calton1 20.03 Langhorne1, Laugharne1 21.03 StLoe1, Urswick1 23.03 Coutts1 25.03 Yate4 27.03 Alexander4, Nicolson4, Rope1, Stapley1 29.03 Hay11, Verdon2 30.03 Crowley1 At 31.03.22: 64+95+6798 = 6957 02.04 [old PZmisc02 renamed Paynel1] Bozun2, PZmisc02 04.04 Criol1 05.04 Wall1 07.04 Philpot1, Singleton1, Singleton2 19.04 Elrington1 21.04 Marriott1, Vereker1, Wadham1 23.04 Sibbald1 24.04 Morgan05, Norton06 26.04 Brinkhurst1 28.04 Parris1 29.04 Eden2 At 30.04.22: 64+95+6815 = 6974 02.05 Wigfall1 03.05 Mynne1 04.05 Keatinge1 05.05 Crump1 08.05 Shipley1 10.05 Beckett1, Beckett2 13.05 Castle2, Castle3 14.05 Pocklington1 15.05 Warrington1 17.05 Lewis08 23.05 Bladwell1 28.05 Brown23, Brown24 29.05 Bonfoy1 31.05 Crowe1 At 31.05.22: 64+95+6832 = 6991 01.06 Hogan1 02.06 Halcott1 05.06 Athow1 14.06 Brograve2 16.06 Thurleby1 18.06 Case1 19.06 Alpe1 20.06 Sparrow01, Sparrow03, Sparrow04 22.06 Smith33 23.06 Ferrour1 24.06 Barrett04, Collison1 27.06 Davy04 28.06 Hoo2 29.06 Anguish1 At 30.06.22: 64+95+6849 = 7008 01.07 Nelson2 02.07 Beevor1, Davy05, Russell07 03.07 Wayte1 04.07 SZmisc22 05.07 Pigge1.
PCBG notes (last updated 14.02.22)
(1) I have a large backlog of things to work through at the moment, not least:
* Catching-up with correspondence. I have problems keeping up with the emails I receive and do apologise to those of you who are still waiting for a response from me. For more on this, please see the Contact Us page.
* Working through several Long-term projects (see that page).
* Trying to upgrade the huge amount of data in Draft & temporary pages: Can you help? so that it may be moved into 'the database proper'.
(2) Being apparently quiet for a while may mean that I have made only minor changes to the database pages in that period (something that is quite common; sometimes reviewing old pages & making minor changes can take longer than producing new pages) or that I am in the midst of a major project that is taking several days to complete (also quite common) or, of course, that I have simply not worked on the site recently.
A. Only on rare occasions will I work on Sections I & II of the database, the Ancient & Continental sections that cover the early ancestors of various British Royals and others (see Ancestral Lines). Normally I concentrate on expanding & improving Section III of the database ('British Families - Medieval, Renaissance & Modern'). If you wish to suggest a family for me to work on, please see "We welcome suggestions ..." above.
B. The following pages have recently been subjected to significant change/extension and/or review (some involving the insertion of new families): 21.04 Drake04, Greaves01 26.04 CZmisc22 27.04 BZmisc32 28.04 Brooke07 02.05 NZmisc04, PZmisc02 08.05 IZmisc01 10.05 KZmisc04, MZmisc02, RZmisc07 15.05 QZmisc02, TZmisc12, WZmisc01 18.05 HZmisc20 22.05 HZmisc20 28.05 Brown01 30.05 Hervey10 01.06 CZmisc17 02.06 BZmisc32 14.06 Brograve1, BZmisc32 17.06 Turner02 18.06 Spooner1 20.06 Sparrow02 22.06 Smith18 27.06 PZmisc09 30.06 BZmisc16, Pope02 02.07 Jones12 03.07 Evans02, Evans06, EZmisc06 05.07 SZmisc22.