Privacy and Cookies
(a) any personal information we may collect about you consequent to your visit to this web site.
(b) cookies and the circumstances in which we use them.
1. When using personal information, as in all other matters, we will always endeavour to act in accordance with current legislation and to apply ‘best practice’ as far as we know it.
2. We may maintain one or more databases identifying such details as you have provided us to enable us to operate our Membership Scheme. For this purpose we shall, for example, retain the email address you have registered with us for as long as you have Membership or Guest status with us.
* The computer databases we maintain are those that come with the WordPress template and plug-ins.
* The manual databases we maintain are of subscription fees received and free membership periods granted.
* The only time we are likely to consider using email addresses for a mass-contact exercise is if there is a major change to the site.
3. Except as mentioned below, we will not disclose any personal information obtained through this web site to anyone other than:
(a) as required by law; or
(b) in support of a request by an official investigatory or regulatory body if it would be ‘good practice’ to comply with that request.
4. Should you default on a payment or other obligation to us (or to our account) then we reserve the right to advise other parties of that default and of any personal information that we hold about you if it is legal & reasonable for us to provide such advice:
– to facilitate the clearance, reversal or settlement of that default; or
– so that those other parties do not risk you defaulting on a similar or equivalent payment or obligation to them.
5. In general, albeit recognising that it may be acceptable in certain circumstances, we disapprove of the practice of selling or renting personal information, particularly if it might lead to unsolicited telemarketing or spam. We intend never to enter into such practice or to support it in any way. However, we may share any personal information we obtain through this web site with organisations that are closely associated with this company through common ownership or control or purpose provided that we have identified such organisation in this clause (in italics, just below) and each such organisation has specifically undertaken:
– not to sell or rent that information or otherwise use that information other than for its own marketing purposes; and
– not to use that information for or in support of unsolicited telemarketing or spam or any illegal purpose.
* For the purposes of this clause, we confirm that there are at present no organisations with whom we have a close association.